Date:      18 May 1998 10:58:00 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@crism.ne.mediaone.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tim O'Reilly on FreeBSD

Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> writes:

> It's a pity there's no date on this message.  I heard from Andy Oram
> at O'Reilly and Associates about a month ago, and we're going to do a
> book.  We're still thrashing out the details.  It'll definitely be
> smaller than "The Complete FreeBSD".

It would be interesting to see some focus on how FreeBSD is better
than alternatives -- including Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and
Solaris-x86. For many folks who want to try unix, or even adepts that
are just looking for the right match, this information is largely
missing. I would think pointing to the number of ISPs that use FreeBSD
would be a good point of info: speed, stability, networking, robustness...