Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2010 07:52:24 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        "Luchesar V. ILIEV" <luchesar.iliev@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, Vedrin Jeliazkov <vedrin.jeliazkov@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: ports/136321: x11-toolkits/linux-pango: please update linux based port of pango

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:55:48 +0200 "Luchesar V. ILIEV"
<luchesar.iliev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Obviously I haven't paid enough attention to the ML archives. So this
> has already been discussed recently, and, as far as I understand (and
> as I would expect) the problem is that you can't really trust an RPM
> built by just anyone.
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2010-December/008259.html
>
> Anyway, I hope that the information might nevertheless be helpful to
> some subscribers, and there are now not one, but two (if there aren't
> even more) updated ports for those adventurous enough to try them. :)

How much diskspace did you need for this? Can you please give a short
description what you did and how you did it for those people which never
used VirtualBox (links to official HOWTOs are enough)? Please also
describe what you had to install exactly and which commands you used to
generate the linux rpm.

If your description is good enough to reproduce it, you may be lucky
and a FreeBSD committer gets enough time to reproduce the rpm.

Bye,
Alexander.