Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:52:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, slaterm@excel.tnet.com.au, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PS2 Mouse on FreeBSD 2.1.5

> > > It seems to work fine in Windoze 95 however. So perhaps im using the
> > > wrong port ? Any suggestions would be appriciated!
> >
> > You are confusing a PS/2 mouse (psm0 on port 0x60 of the keyboard
> > controller) with a bus mouse (IRQ 12).
>
> The PS/2 mouse uses IR 12 by default.  You are confused. :)

Is this true?

The ACER system which I have here has a mini-DIN connector, but it
is a busmouse controller backing the connector, not the keyboard
controller.

It uses IRQ 12.

I am *very* familiar with this particular bus mouse because ACER
(stupidly) left the mouse out of the PnP BIOS local devices list
in ROM, and the PnP stuff in Win95 was forever giving IRQ12 away
to an Adaptec SCSI controller until we went in and manually disabled
the PnP for the Adaptec and configured Win95 to know that the mouse
was hard-coded for IRQ 12.

That doesn't mean that this isn't an unrealted problem, however.  8-(.

...Stupid, frigging, !@#$%! ISA bus.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---