Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2000 11:14:21 +0200
From:      Maxime Henrion <mhenrion@cybercable.fr>
To:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vidcontrol VESA_800x600 makes my box reboot

Kazutaka YOKOTA wrote:

> Thank you for the report.
>
> >- vidcontrol -i mode
> >
> >    mode#     flags   type    size       font      window      linear buffer
> [...]
> >- vidcontrol -i adapter
> >
> >fb0:
> >    vga0, type:VESA VGA (5), flags:0x700ff
> >    initial mode:24, current mode:24, BIOS mode:3
> >    frame buffer window:0xb8000, buffer size:0x8000
> >    window size:0x8000, origin:0x0
> >    display start address (0, 0), scan line width:80
> >    reserved:0x0
> >
> >> I would also like to see ENTIRE /var/run/dmesg.boot. Not just a part
> >> of it.
> >
> >Copyright (c) 1992-2000 The FreeBSD Project.
> >Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
> >        The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
> >FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #0: Tue Jun  6 20:34:45 CEST 2000
> >    root@nebula:/usr/src/sys/compile/NEBULA
> [...]
>
> Would you show your kernel configuration file as well?  I am interested
> in if you have any `options SC_XXX' lines there.
>
> Kazu

I'll show you all my syscons driver configuration and a bit more :

# To include support for VESA video modes
#options                VESA

(VESA is not enabled cos i have a vesa_load="YES" in my loader.conf file.)

# splash screen/screen saver
pseudo-device   splash

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device          sc0     at isa?
options         SC_PIXEL_MODE           # add support for the raster text mode
options         SC_TWOBUTTON_MOUSE

If you need anything more dont hesitate to ask me ! :)

Thanks again.

            -Maxime Henrion