Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 12:14:52 -0600
From:      "Parker, David K" <dparker@ci.bryan.tx.us>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD & CableModem

I hope I'm posting this to the correct list...
I have a PC setup with FreeBSD version 3.0.
My problem is with the TCP/IP Configuration and CableModem.

If I place the PC on my internal network using an IP Address/SM/GW for a
Class C network, it works fine. I can resolve other host names, ping, etc...

When I configure for our ISP using a cablemodem I have no such luck. Here is
the IP info...
IP:	208.162.121.228
SM:	255.255.254.0
GW:	208.162.120.1

I can ping the loopback and 208.162.121.228 but nothing else.
This same configuration works fine when I use an NT Box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David Parker
System/Network Administrator