Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 07:53:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@pechter.ddns.org>
To:        atrn@zeta.org.au (Andy Newman), freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crongratulations to all at USENIX

> John Dyson writes:
> > FreeBSD's future is not hanging on technical excellence right now,
> > but on marketing.  The technical excellence is a given.
>
> Although I didn't say it in the mail I was hoping to imply that
> this technical excellence be used as a marketing angle ... Which
> platform do researchers use for their Unix R&D? And why they pick
> FreeBSD.

Interesting, but Lucent's now using Linux. (*I keep pushing FreeBSD
but Linux has more mind share*)

Bill

---
  Bill Gates is a Persian cat and a monocle away from being a
  villain in a James Bond movie              -- Dennis Miller
  bpechter@shell.monmouth.com|pechter@pechter.nws.net|pechter@pechter.ddns.org