Date:      Fri, 09 Jul 1999 12:11:36 CDT
From:      "Amy Wennings" <amybsd@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeLinux (Debian/GNU BSD)

I'm curious to know, before any other conversation, just what's more
wonderful about Debian's package system.

The port system's worked like a dream for me. I love it, and I've yet to run
into problems.

What benefits would come from using the Debian package system? Are the
enhancements things which could easily be glommed onto the existing port
system? Are people just wishing for a nice GUI?