Date:      Mon, 5 May 2003 18:26:24 -0500
From:      "Rob Wentworth" <rw@skypoint.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to type special characters?

Most laptops have a portion of the keyboard that can be used as a numeric
keypad by pressing the Fn key and/or switching it to keypad mode. This
allows typing special characters.

In Windows I usually cut-and-paste characters from the "character map"
utility so I don't have to remember the codes -- there must be a similar
tool for FreeBSD...