Date:      Fri, 12 May 1995 08:30:58 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@star-gate.com>
To:        Michael Vernick <vernick@CS.SunySB.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MPEG Decoder

> Anyone have or working on a driver for an MPEG decoder card?
>
> mv

 brian@MediaCity.Com (Brian Litzinger) wrote a driver for the
OmniMedia Talisman and submitted his driver to the source tree.

I yet have to see it in the source tree...

The driver works rather well and is a lot of fun watching mpeg system
files in the vga console with the simple utility that Brian wrote.

Whats left at least from my point of view is to add X Server support
and the ability to read CD-I and VideoCD. This has proven very
difficult for me so far whithout the docs so if anyone out there has
the docs and can put up for ftp access a binary which can read CD-I
or VideoCD it will help out a lot.

Since not all cdrom drivers are white book or green book compliant, I have a:
(aha0:2:0): "PLEXTOR CD-ROM PX-4XCH 1.22" type 5 removable SCSI 2

Probably next week, I will start the work for the X server side of things.

	Amancio