Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:38:11 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        ckempf@enigami.com (Cory Kempf)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'Domex' SCSI bus?

Cory Kempf wrote...
> I could swear I have posted this at least twice now, but the original
> doesn't seem to be on my machine for some reason.  And if the answer
> has changed with the new snapshot, well, it is downloading now.
>
> I just bought a Umax Astra 1220S scanner, with the intention of making
> it and SANE work with CAM.

	Good, we need that ported. :)

> The scanner came with a SCSI card that is labled 'Domex'.
>
> I am running on a DK440LX, which has a pair of 7895's that work OK,
> but well, to use the internal SCSI, I would need to build a ribbon
> cable to export the narrow SCSI.  Plugging in the card seemed
> easier...
>
> So, I plug in the card, but it doesn't seem to want to work.  At
> least, it isn't recognized on boot.
>
> Anyone know how to make this card work with CAM?  Or do I need to try
> and build a ribbon cable?

	I've never heard of a "Domex" card.  My guess is that it's either
based on either an Advansys or NCR chip.  Look on the card, and see what
kind of chip it has.  That should give you an idea as to whether it's
supported or not.

	If you can't do that, find a web site for "Domex", and look at the
card specs there.  They'll usually tell you what sort of SCSI chip they
have on the board.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry