Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:46:33 -0500
From:      "Dennis Mathiasen" <dennisma@adelphia.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 4-STABLE on 386?

> Michael Lucas Wrote:
> If it boots, it installs.  :)
>
> On a 386, I'd bet that you have a classic IRQ mismatch.  What sort of
> network card do you have, and how does it show up in
> /var/run/dmesg.boot.

It's currently running 2.2.8 with no problems.  The network card is:
	ed0 at 0x280 irq 10 on isa
once it's installed I will add:
	edq at 0x300 irq 3 on isa

Then I can use another machine to build a stripped down kernel and use
it as a firewall.  The only real reason I have to switch to 4-STABLE is
simplicity.  Which brings up the next question: is it apt to be fast
enough running 4-STABLE to handle 1.5 Mbps running natd & firewall rules?
I expect so, but........

Dennis Mathiasen
dennisma@adelphia.net