Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:58:37
From:      "mike flanagan" <mikenugs@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Newbies@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   getting Wine to work

Hello,

I am trying to get wine to work and an running into problems. I am
running 4.5 stable and just installed wine and when trying to run wine
I get the following error

bash-2.04$ wine
wineserver: chdir /home/mike/.wine : No such file or directory
bash-2.04$

I also cannot find the wine.conf file

bash-2.04$ whereis wine.conf
wine.conf:
bash-2.04$

I tried running wine through winelauncher and it seems to work
except when I try and do the config I get ..

Error:  Unable to find winesetup in your PATH or in /opt/wine/bin

I guess I would rather run wine through winelauncher so if anyone
can help it would be appreciated :) Also if I could see an example
of someone's wine config that would be great.

    Thanks in advance,

       Mike