Date:      Mon, 18 May 2009 22:52:13 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=EDa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ati and Xorg.conf

Hi,

I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400. I fresh installed FreeBSD 7.2 for AMD64.
I added the Xorg support and Gnome desktop.
With the autoconfig Xserver feature, the whole system freezes. With
the xorg.conf file generated by the -configure option, the system
freezes too.

I've tried several different drivers (ati, radeonhd...) but I can only
bring X up with the vesa driver.
Which driver is the best one (features vs stability) taking into
account that I don't want to run any fancy desktop features?
How can I configure it?

Thanks in advance.