Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 1999 09:03:35 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "Brett Glass" <brett@lariat.org>, "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Borland considering UNIX ports

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 00:45:22 -0600, Brett Glass wrote:

>Borland seems to be considering ports of their development tools to UNIX-like OSes -- but, so far, only to Linux. However, their survey at
>http://www.borland.com/linux/

>has many "other" blanks in which participants can mention a desire for BSD UNIX support.

On the Unix distribution I marked Other and wrote "FreeBSD running
Linux apps) :-)

>Comment on the form mentioned above and maybe it'll happen.

Although it would be nice if they port to FreeBSD/BSD too it would be
great even if they just do the Linux as long as one can run it under
FreeBSD.

Many companies, justly so, don't like the idea of too many platforms.
Support becomes more expensive.