Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:34:34 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, "Michael T. Stolarchuk" <mts@off.to>
Subject:   Re: [mts@off.to: freebsd low kernel expert...]

> i'm looking for someone who can answer some questions about
> interrupt processing code in freebsd 3.0... not the stuff
> after the SMP processors get to C code, but the glue between
> the hardware and the C code...

Bruce Evans (bde@freebsd.org) and Steve Passe (fsmp@freebsd.org) are
probably your best contacts.

> i want to find the `pc' of the interrupting processor... i can
> find the pc of the other processors, but don't yet know how
> to get the previous-pc for the processor which fielded the
> interrupt.

If you're referring to the pc at which the processor running the
interrupt handler was interrupted, I expect that you'll have to unwind
the stack to find it.  Note that AFAIK we support multiple interrupt
entry, so you may have one handler interrupted by another.

It may be easier if you have a specific context in which you need to
get at the suspended PC.