Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:32:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
To:        Jim King <king@sstar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pnp and AWE64

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Jim King wrote:

> I just picked up an AWE64 to use until the Vortex2 driver is working.  The
> card is detected in Win98, but unfortunately the new PnP code in -current
> (cvsup'ed this evening) doesn't seem to find this card at all.  Nothing
> shows up about it in dmesg; pnpinfo shows my ISA PnP modem, but nothing at
> all about the AWE64.

FWIW it detects my AWE64 just fine (and yes you must set the PnP OS bit to
no).  This is with or without the PNPBIOS option int he kernel.  It
doesn't seem to detect the integrated Yamaha sound bits though (with the
PNPBIOS bit).

pcm1: <Creative AWE64 PnP> at port 0x220-0x22f,0x330-0x331,0x388-0x38b irq 5 drq 1,5 on isa0

How about posting your kernel config file?

- alex