Date:      Wed, 06 Mar 1996 17:02:52 +0100
From:      Andreas Kohout <shanee@rabbit.augusta.de>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some questions about compiling -current

Hi,

> Yes. Having your maildir world writable is a _huge_ security hole. Do you
> have your own smail, or did you build it from ports? I believe the one in
> /usr/ports/mail/smail is OK. change to that directory and type "make".
> (put your smail source tarball in /usr/ports/distfiles first).

my smail ins from ports, but I try again ... thanx

> > 4. When should I compile -current? Every SNAP-Release or earlier?
> Up to you. I do it about once a week if there have been enough changes.

I did it a few weeks ago and my filse lost there time-stamps like this:

-r-sr-xr-x  1 root  bin  241664 19 Feb 1996 /usr/local/bin/smail*

--
Gruß, Andy
                  Der Mensch hat die Atombombe erfunden,

shanee@rabbit.augusta.de                                     Zirbelnußtown