Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 2011 22:03:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sushanth Rai <sushanth_rai@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using kevent for signalling user app from kernel

Hi,

I'm planning to use kqueue/kevent mechanism to notify a user application from the kernel. Basically I set up a file descriptor for read event from the user application by calling kevent(). Now, I would like to wake-up the process from within the kernel. The wake-up will happen due to one of the internal events (not due to data being available to read). I have access to the process structure and vnode corresponding to file descriptor. Is there a mechanism available from the kernel to trigger a wakeup and clear the kernel break notify message ?

Thanks,
Sushanth