Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:03:00 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRC servers etc.

In the last episode (Sep 11), Julian Elischer said:
> As a long time FreeBSD user I feel a bit silly about this,
> but.... how do I find an IRC server to attach to?
> (assuming I wanted to listen to the #FreeBSD channel for example).

You'll want to go to www.efnet.org and use their server list.  The
popular ones are irc.ef.net, irc.lightning.net, and irc.plur.net.  you
might want to see if you can get on efnet.telstra.net.au.

Once you're connected, #FreeBSD is the generic chat channel, usually
way WAY off topic.  #FreeBSDHelp is where people asking questions in
#FreeBSD get kicked to.  #BSDCode is the secret channel you go to
if you actaully want to talk code.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com