Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 21:37:38 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, obrien@NUXI.com
Subject:   Re: panics while reading Solaris CDROM

>I get very consistant panics when doing ``find . -type f |xargs grep
>foo'' on a Solaris CDROM in my Plextor 8x CDROM drive (device cd0).  I'm
>not sure how to proceed in fixing this.

This should be fixed now.  I got very consistent panics for
`cd /dosD/windows; find . | xargs cksum' on an msdosfs with a block
size of 2K :).  cd9660 also has a block size of 2K, and getnewbuf()
returned corrupt buffers when it reused buffers that had b_data
offset 2K into the space reserved for the buffer data.

Bruce