Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2003 02:36:55 +0000
From:      Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
To:        Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Making a FreeBSD DVD

At 21:28 23/11/2003 -0500, Leo Bicknell wrote:
>I'd like to make my own distribution DVD's.  I know how to make
>CD's, but looking at release(7) I see lots of documentation for
>CD's, and none for DVD's.   Googling turns up nothing of interest
>in the first three pages.
>
>Can anyone point me to the documentation on how to build DVD's,
>a-la what they sell on FreeBSD mall?

   I can't help you with the CD vs. DVD distinction, but if you're going to
ship -RELEASE disks, please distribute the binaries from the official
release images.  If you `make release` yourself, you'll break FreeBSD
Update.  (If you absolutely must build your own versions of the binaries,
please contact me off-list.)

Colin Percival