Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 2002 23:38:46 -0400
From:      Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>
To:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        nwestfal@directvinternet.com, dave@jetcafe.org, tlambert2@mindspring.com, crap@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 19:07:56 -0700
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> > So why are you attacking what my religion teaches?  Aren't you just
> > being a little bit hypocritical?  Do you think that Christians just
> > made up the doctrine of hell?  Where do you think it came from?  Did
>
> In ancient Hebrew tribal religion, there were two sects, one who
> worshipped the god of death, one who worshipped the god of life.

Evidence?

> with Christianity these days.  It would be more correct to say that
> Hebrew tribal elders made up hell;  you are forgetting that the roots
> of Christianity are in Judaism.

Not in this, xtianities views about hell are primarily influenced by
Zoastrianism and Greek mystery religions. Judaism believes primarily in
a purgatory, not hell, and an afterlife reward not based upon choice of
religion other than not doing idolatry...

> from Celtic and old European religions throughout the ages, and that
> Jesus was a man, and a great man, and a man who said great things.

Most of the things he is claimed to have said had been said by Jewish
Rabbis of his era such as Rabbi Hillel.