Date:      Fri, 01 Nov 1996 09:38:39 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Matrox Meteor  and PPRO problem found

Article 106503 (8593 more) in comp.sys.intel:
From: Bob_Cline@ccm.sc.intel.com (Bob Cline)
Subject: Re: Matrox adaptors & 440FX PCIset systems
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 96 08:44:37 PST

>We anticipate making additional data and information available in the
>near future.

Intel and Matrox have jointly confirmed the cause of the recently reported
issue between the Matrox Meteor graphics adapter board and the Intel 440FX
chipset.   The root cause is an illegal PCI signal generated by the PCI
interface chip on the adapter board.  This is not an Intel Pentium(R) Pro
processor or an Intel 440FX chipset issue.

For further information on this issue or Matrox products, please contact
your local Matrox sales representative, Matrox office or Matrox headquarters.

Bob Cline
Intel Corporation

The question now is when is Matrox, OmniMedia or  Philips going to fix
the problem. For that I don't have an answer except to just wait because
I know both Matrox and OmniMedia are working on a solution to the problem.

	Amancio