Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 95 16:48:49 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        pedrosal@nce.ufrj.br (Pedro Salenbauch)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, pedrosal@nce.ufrj.br
Subject:   Re: Adaptek 1542 on other ports

> 	I bought the FreeBSD CD-Rom, but as my Adaptek aha-1542
> SCSI controller is on port 130 instead of 330, FreeBSD doesn't
> recognize it. My port 330 is used by Soundblaster's MIDI.
>
> 	What should I do?

At the boot prompt, instead of hitting return or just waiting, type
/kernel -c.

This will put you in an editor that will let you change BSD's idea
of where the SCSI controller should be.

Once installed this way, you will have to boot the same way each time
or eventually rebuild your kernel.

I would suggest you move the Soundblaster's MIDI to some place other
than 330 and put your Adaptec back to it's factory defaults.  This
would take the least effort on your part.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.