Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 1995 18:05:04 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        Don Dunbar <ddunbar@ipxpress.aws.waii.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SLIP

> I have yet to see a good ppp/slip faq. The one in freebsd.faqs.tar.gz or
> whatever the hell that is is a piece of crap for me.

First of all, hint #1.  When asking for help, it is *NEVER* a good idea
to insult the people you are asking for help.  Calling something they
have spent a lot of time and effort in creating for you a 'piece of
crap' doesn't make them want to help you, quite the opposite.

> it is too personal, it doesn't tell me howo what I wanna do.

Nobody can tell you 'howo what I wanna do'.  Hint #2.  When asking for
help, proof-read what you sent to make sure it makes sense.

> I want to set up my 28800 modem so I can use the irc, etc clients on my
> local system on the atmote system's connection.
                      ^^^^^^^^
See hint #2.

You need to be a bit more specific about what you want.  Want you are
asking for and what you are providing is like telling someone

"I want my car to go faster, and the instructions for the Turbo addition
to my engine sucks.  BTW, my car is a Nissan if that helps."

Nate