Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:39:05 -0300
From:      Glenn Campbell <glenn@cgc.ns.ca>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTPD & chroot

I am presently running a 2.2.6 box and I am having a problem with my ftpd.
I am using the daemon that came with the distribution. According to the man
page on ftpd if I place a users name in /etc/ftpchroot the user will be
chroot'd to his/her login dir. This is working only for my anonymous ftp.
My user accounts can cd right to the / filesystem. Does anyone out there
know why the chroot is not happening with the name in /etc/ftpchroot?