Date:      Sun, 7 May 1995 03:14:08 -0400
From:      cihat@ns.moran.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   X11 not working!

Hi,

I am very new to FREEBSD, I just installed the bin series.  I read all the
docs on X11R6 but for some reason none of the executable relating to X work.

I first installed bin series from floppies and then installed X from my DOS
partition. It installed fine withous any error msg's.  What's going on here?
I thought the generic kernel is supposed to support X.

Also, is there any way I can install the other series (e.g. dict, proflibs
etc., and maybe X11 too, again :( from withing FREEBSD?  Or do I need to use
the actual installation program?

Thanks.

Cihat Ozhasoglu
Department of Physics