Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 12:07:04 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: qcam support for vic 2.6 ?

> Hi,
>
> is there some code to support the quickcam for vic-2.6 (the one which
> compiles fine under 2.1.7) ?
>
> I know there is quickcam support in vic-2.8, but I am having troubles
> in compiling it under a stock 2.1.7 because of incompatibility with
> tk/tcl ...

How far have you got with vic-2.8 compiling.
I ended up with tcl_LoadCmd and some other symbol being undefined
(a combination of tk4.1/tcl5.2) and dug into the tcl port to find out
why these symbols, though apparently in tclBase.c did not appear
in the lib (only the shared libs are built in the ports (!?))

I'd be interested as well in getting a working vic-2.8-qcam (again).