Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:32:32 +0300
From:      "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@demos.net>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: repeated ufs_dirbad() panics on 4.0-c

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 06:36:09PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
# :On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 12:28:35PM +0300, Mikhail A. Sokolov wrote:
# :# Hello,
# :# panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc
# :
# :And a brand new one (for today):
# :
# :IdlePTD 2682880
# :initial pcb at 21c7b8
# :panicstr: ffs_blkfree: freeing free frag
# :panic messages:
# :---
# :panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free frag
#     I'm running out of ideas.  Ok, three more things:

Well, me too..

#     First, when you updated your /usr/src/sys tree from cvs, did you also
#     update /usr/src/contrib/sys?  aka softupdates?

Yes, I'm running cvsupd server myself and stuff ;)

#     Second, Make sure you are using softlinks for the softupdates files in
#     /usr/src/sys/ufs/ffs/, pointing to their actual location in contrib,
#     rather then a copies of the files.

Of course

#     Third, Try turning off reallocblks:
#     sysctl -w vfs.ffs.doreallocblks=0

That's been in use since decided somewhere in November, 1998 on ~90% of
machines.

--
-mishania