Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 13:27:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@widomaker.com>
To:        "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIS/Sun

On Wed, 11 Sep 1996, Brian J. McGovern wrote:

> I have a Sun server, running 4.1.x (I'm assuming x=3 or 4) that is a
> NISserver for a particular domain. On my FreeBSD 2.1.5 and 2.2-SNAP,
> I loaded the secure dist, and fired up ypbind. Although I can ypcat,
> and see the password file, I can't use any of the information. Is there
> anything special that I need to do in order to use it? Thanks.

 Hmm.. I assume that you are talking about your password file.. and if
 so, you need to make an entry in your password file like this:

then the entries will show up.

 -branson

 Branson Matheson       | Ferguson Enterprises  | If Pete and Repeat were
 System Administrator   | W: (804) 874-7795     | sittin on a fence and Pete
 Unix, Perl, WWW        | branson@widomaker.com | fell off, who is left?