Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:36:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Erik Rothwell <erothwell@callgtn.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrading XFree86 to 4.10

Hello,

I'm wondering what is the best course of action should someone wish to
upgrade XFree86 4... a month or so back there was talk of a meta-port
that would build XFree86 from a number of seperate ports (Servers,
Fonts, etcs.) while maintaining proper Mesa & Freetype dependencies...
but, I've not seen that port materialize... (though the components of it
have been there for quite some time, it seems to me...)

If there is no meta-port whose dependencies make up the full XFree86 4.10
installation, what are the ports that are required? (so I can install
them by hand.) I can see there is a port marked "Complete," but I'm
assuming that's the monolithic port in the style of the XF86 4.03 port...

Does the new-style port exist or should I use XFree86-4 Complete?

Thanks...

--
E. L. Rothwell

PGP Public Key at http://www.keyserver.net/