Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2013 17:04:58 -0700
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        symbolics@gmx.com, virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Three observations on Bhyve

>>    That's bhyve colliding with GEOM. There was a thread a while back
>> about being able to exempt certain block devices from being tasted for
>> iSCSI LUN usage - bhyve will probably need something similar.
>
> Is this different from the kern.geom.notaste sysctl des@ added recently?

  Yes. I've not tried that, but guessing it could be used as a
workaround for something like a zvol-backed image where the zvol is
created after the sysctl is set.

  However, what is really needed is something like a blacklist that can
prevent specified devices from being seen by GEOM at all, since the
internal structure is only relevant to the guest VM.

later,

Peter.