Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:14:53 -0300 (ADT)
From:      026809r@dragon.acadiau.ca (Michael Richards)
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cat exploit

Hi.

Is it just me or did everyone miss the point of Jay's message?

What would happen if I created a file called README that was binary. Since
Jay accidentally had the cat'd sendmail.st execute the command "xtermxterm"
then wouldn't it be possible to create a file (like the README) the people
would be tricked into catting that would run commands as them?
Consider running th rm command. Hell, stick it in a temp dir and make a
shell script called xtermxterm and I believe catting the file will run the
script.

-Mike