Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 1996 02:43:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, root@camitel.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compatible printers

On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> > > Roughly speaking, every printer which is supported by a
> > > ghostscript driver is supported. Newer printers like EPSON stylus
> > > are supported by ghostscript 3.51 which is in the FreeBSD
> > > ports collection.
> >
> > While this one is up again, I have a friend with an Epson Stylus COLOR.
> > We pulled off that port and the Stylus drivers are *NOT* in there.
>
> Hhhm. Not in GS 3.51 or higher? I didn't check myself, it's only
> hearasay. At any rate, I have a binary gs 2.6.2 under
> ftp://gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de/incoming/gs
> which has the stylus driver built in.

The Ghostscript 3.51 SOURCE has the Stylus Color driver in it.  The
pre-compiled package and port do NOT enable it by default.  If you want
this driver you will have to compile the Ghostscript yourself (i.e. DO
NOT even use the ports directory for it).

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **