Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:51:44 -0700
From:      "Sam Leffler" <sam@errno.com>
To:        "Stacy Millions" <stacy@millions.ca>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: kern_random interface

> Am I on the right track here? I have looked at the Hardware Crypto
> Support stuff and I don't think anything I'm doing or purposing
> conflicts with it.

If you looked at my stuff then you hopefully saw that I added:

void
add_true_randomness(int val)
{
        add_entropy_word(&random_state, val);
        random_state.entropy_count += 8*sizeof (val);
        if (random_state.entropy_count > POOLBITS)
                random_state.entropy_count = POOLBITS;
        selwakeup(&random_state.rsel);
}

to kern/kern_random.c and used it to feed data from h/w RNG's that appear on
various crypto parts.

I'm working on getting this stuff into -current right now and will
eventually MFC the h/w crypto support to -stable after the 4.7 release.  So
it would be good to use the same interface, right?

Feel free to correspond directly; I'm not sure everyone wants to hear these
details.

    Sam