Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2011 02:05:42 -0600 (CST)
From:      Lars Eighner <luvbeastie@larseighner.com>
To:        Xn Nooby <xnooby@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the best way to image copy a FreeBSD system?

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Xn Nooby wrote:

> Is there an image-copy backup program that understands the UFS
> file-system? Or perhaps there is a better solution on FreeBSD?

Perhaps I do not understand what you are trying to do, but dump and restore
are the only sort-of bulletproof way to backup (copy, clone, move) and
restore filesystems.  Recipes can be found in the Handbook so you do not
have to work out the switches for common tasks for yourself.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html