Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 08:44:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DEVFS & SLICE?

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Peter Wemm wrote:

> The PicoBSD folks have bailed out already by the look of it.

Well, what _could_ we do when faced with sudden absence of SLICE..?? As I
said previously, from my point of view this change makes DEVFS totally
unusable, even to the point that I'd suggest marking it broken for now.

Soren, you said you used DEVFS without SLICE on regular basis. Tell me
then, please, what for, because I can't see what (significant) added
functionality over standard /dev/* it offered...

Andrzej Bialecki

 <abial@nask.pl>       ||PicoBSD||   FreeBSD in your pocket? Go and see:
 Research & Academic   |+-------+|       "Small & Embedded FreeBSD"
 Network in Poland     | |TT~~~| |    http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/