Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 10:02:46 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPRO PCI: Care to translate the README?

Jim Lowe send me this :
---

Here is the reference: (DOS-progs.)
ftp://ftp.fh-rosenheim.de/pub/magazine/ct/pcconfig/pro_form.zip
ftp://ftp.fh-rosenheim.de/pub/magazine/ct/pci/ctpci.zip

Don't know much about it - hope it helps!

I just had a short look at it - the readme is unfuortunately in german.
Here the summary:

pro_form.zip:

Increase of PCI performance from 20 MB/sec to approx. 90 MB/sec.
Write buffer of chip set has to be switched on!

Use program FastVid to free the write buffer for Orion-chipset.
Alternatively use the programm ctpro to read the MTRR (Memory Type
Range Register MTRR).

If there are further questions concerning translation tell me.

regards,

Dirk