Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:31:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Nick Hilliard <nick@iol.ie>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Threads and my new job.

> Why do we need to smite the Linux database servers? With threads in their
> current state they already outperform Linux's native threads by ~50x for
> things like sending mail. I would assume that the differences in database
> performance is similar.

The threads (& the old nfs issues which have now thankfully been fixed) in
their current state led bCandid to write about the Cyclone news router:

: Issues the w/FreeBSD kernel and buggy threads have required our development
: team to wait until improvements to the OS can be made.  We did have a beta
: posted on our website for a while but have since removed it.

disclaimer: I am not a thread hacker.

Nick