Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2014 21:11:36 -0800
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mtree acl support

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2008-April/024173.html
>=20
> patch in list is here: http://heka.cenkes.org/sat/diffs/mtree_acl.diff
> I've mirrored it here: https://feld.me/freebsd/mtree_acl.diff
>=20
> This old patch appears to still apply cleanly. I hate to see a patch =
die
> and be forgotten.

One problem that =91tar=92 has addressed (inspired by Joerg Schilling=92s
work on star) is to permit ACLs to be restored even if the user database
is out of date.

This is done by including a fourth field in each ACE with the
numeric user ID.

I suspect you want to do the same for mtree.  I thought
I remembered acl_to_text having an option to use
an extended text format, so it might be a trivial change.

Tim