Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 12:17:13 -0700
From:      Roland Schoettle <rolands@nucleus.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCNFS on FreeBSD

Hi!

I am setting up FreeBSD Version 2.1 to be a web server running APACHE.

To provide NFS services from our Windows NT systems we have purchased
InterDriveNT from FTP software. The InterDrive client connects fine to our SCO
UNIX system, but refuses to connect to the FreeBSD system - giving an "incorrect
password" error.

We are using mountd -n and have the pcnfsd daemon running. The exports file is as
follows:

/  -alldirs  nts1 medusa  # medusa is the Win NT system

The system is running with an SMC Ethernet adapter which works fine and
automounts a file system from the SCO UNIX system. (We could not get a
DEC 10/100 Adapter to work even though it is listed as a supported adapter).

We have also had little success getting X-Windows to run properly. It comes up
with a graphics screen and a mouse pointer but is otherwise blank)

Anyway, the biggest problem is the InterDrive NFS Client.

Thankyou

Roland Schoettle
rolands@quattttro.com
403 270-0488