Date:      09 Jul 1996 03:11:00 -0500
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com>
To:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@Freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>, freebsd-questions@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Increasing FTP thruput.

"Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@Freebsd.org> writes:

> My POINT was that I have not noticed a slowdown, as if binary transfer
> rates have dropped off for some reason, then (I would have thought)
> text rates would have too... I just didn't have any binary rates to
> hand at the time as I tend to throw text around a lot more than
> binary.

As far as I can tell, text transfers did not drop, only binary ones,
until I disabled those couple of options, now it seems to be very
slight bit faster than before, +.1K/sec on transfers, and the link is
also mostly usable for interactive use (feels like about 1200 baud
though) with a small impact on transfer rate.

--
Zach Heilig (zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com)
Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!