Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 11:13:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Early Alpha: Corel Office in Java (FreeBSD!)

> > http://officeforjava.corel.com
> >
> > If this flies, we could be running Corel Office on FreeBSD. :) :)
>
> I just tried over here . It looks nifty however it is slow. Hope that we
> can eventually download it and compiled it using something like kaffe
> or that its performance gets improved.

Looking at my modem lights and such, it appears that it's running
client/server, so much of the slowness is due to having everything go
back to the server.

I disagree that this is the way to go, but I suspect for monetary (how
can you charge for a 'run' of it) and propriatary reasons (protecting
their own code from hackers) they do it this way.

Nate