Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 02:07:37 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "E.B. Dreger" <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   microuptime() going backward in 4.5-R

Greetings all,

My Micron PTSAM (Samurai bridge) dual-CPU board has been
experiencing time travel since upgrading to 4.5-R.  4.4-R and
4.3-R were stable.

	kern.timecounter.method=1
	kern.timecounter.hardware=i8254

seem to do the trick nicely.  Can send dmesg.boot if of interest
to anyone; else I'll just add my system to the list of time
travelers. ;-)

Granted, it's a rather offbeat m/b, and perhaps the PIIX is a bit
different... but "it worked until now".

FWIW, I've not tracked 4.X-S on said system.

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 (316) 794-8922 Wichita/(Inter)national
Phone: +1 (785) 865-5885 Lawrence