Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:29:55 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>
To:        "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH 1.2.1 refusing incoming connections

On 17 Jan 00, at 9:44, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> When make a successful connection via SSH, the debug messages that
> follow the "Connection established" message are,
>
>   debug: Remote protocol version 1.5, remote software version OpenSSH-1.2
>   debug: Waiting for server public key.
>   debug: Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
>
> You would not have happened to have lost your server keys
> (/usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key*) during the upgrade?

The keys are there:

# ls /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key*
/usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key     /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key.pub

And both are non-zero in size and dated about the time I installed ssh
(back in April 1999).
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/