Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:47:42 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mill@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 7.0-stable: a hung process - scheduler bug?

Robert Watson ΞΑΠΙΣΑΧ(ΜΑ):
> Could you try procstat -kk on the process, does that shed any light?
When I was trying `procstat -k', I was getting the message:

      PID    TID COMM             TDNAME
    KSTACK
    procstat: sysctl: kern.proc.kstack unavailable
    procstat: options DDB or options STACK required in kernel

That was with a single `-k'. I can't do anything now, because -- after
an attempt to start `systat 1 -vm' -- the system hosed and would not
start new processes. The existing ones, such as the cvs-over ssh are
stuck in:

    load: 0.00  cmd: ssh 59098 [proctree] 0.41u 0.17s 0% 0k

Yours,

    -mi