Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 00:39:36 -0300
From:      lioux@uol.com.br
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New (virtual?) category proposal: x11-themes

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 02:27:59PM -0500, Ade Lovett wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 11:45:18AM +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> >
> > The number of theme engines for various x11 toolkits (GTK, QT/KDE etc.)
> > constantly increases, we already have at least 3 GTK-based in x11-toolkits and
> > I have 3 others ready to import.
> >
> > [snip]
>
> Well, a virtual category doesn't really make sense, since you'd still
> have to put the port skeletons somewhere.
>
> So, the question becomes, how many ports of a particular type do
> we need before creating a new real category?  Any comments?

	Well, at least as much as the smallest non-virtual
category which is 16. Then, I am not considering the language
categories because they have a relevance of their own, i.e., it
does not matter the number.
	However, we should consider, how complex/populated we want
${PORTSDIR} to become.
	We should revisit the multi-level hierarchical directories
idea.
	Who last proposed it? (tick tick ... mailing list search)

	Regards,
		Mario Ferreira