Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:43:29 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        Coercitas Temet'Nosce <coercitas@hotmail.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFilter

--Xm/fll+QQv+hsKip

On 2003.02.10 23:37:36 +0100, Coercitas Temet'Nosce wrote:

> Yes, SPI stands for Statefull Packet Inspection. Wasn't aware IPFW was a
> SPI Firewall, always thought IPFilter was much better. I used to run
> iptables on Linux and tried IPFilter (which is very good imho). IPFW
> pages aren't that explicit or I didn't looked at the right place.
=46rom ipfw(8) :

HISTORY
     The ipfw utility first appeared in FreeBSD 2.0.  dummynet(4) was intro=
=AD
     duced in FreeBSD 2.2.8.  Stateful extensions were introduced in
     FreeBSD 4.0.  ipfw2 was introduced in Summer 2002.

> Any of you can point me some nice pages to learn more about it ?
The ipfw manpage has a lot of information...

This is getting off-topic for current...

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--Xm/fll+QQv+hsKip

--Xm/fll+QQv+hsKip--