Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 1995 13:32:32 GMT
From:      aturetta@stylo.italia.com (Angelo Turetta)
To:        brian@beru.wustl.edu (Brian L Gottlieb)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP login script security

>> I'm now trying to configure it for ppp dial-on-demand

Do you mean you managed to get packet filtering work ?
What do you get when you issue a 'show dfilter' (or afilter, or
ifilter....) command to the ppp demon (either run interactively or
'-auto' via telnet).

Dial on demand works, but I cannot force it to ignore ping or DNS
packets, so it dial my ISP just too often, let's say every time you
misspell a hostname, or queue mail messages.

I've posted this question on freebsd-questions, but I had no luck.

Thanks

Angelo Turetta.
System Administrator - STYLO S.r.l. - Bologna
aturetta@stylo.italia.com (Angelo Turetta)
100014.1757@compuserve.com