Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2003 02:47:29 -0400
From:      Paul Chvostek <paul+fbsd@it.ca>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   ssh and X11Forwarding

What has to be installed on a host for it to do X11Forwarding in SSH?

My (FreeBSD) workstation at home is behind NAT.  From home, I can SSH to
a FreeBSD firewall at work, and from there I can get to other hosts
around the internal network there, some of which run X clients.

Does X have to be installed *on the firewall* for me to forward X11
connections from the X clients back to my workstation at home?

Thanks.  :)

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul@it.ca>
  Operations / Abuse / Whatever